Monday, July 20, 2009

This is the day.

THE HEART OF MAN

Genesis 20:5 Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.
Genesis 20:6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.

This passage is interesting. Here the heathen king had more integrity than the man of God. Abraham had lied, and Abimelech had inocently taken Sarah as his wife believing that she was Abraham's sister. God even says that Abimelech did this innocently. Hey, as Christians, you and I had better watch what we do. People are watching us, and if they see something in us that doesn't add up, they will use this as an excuse to live a life of sin. Will there be blood on our hands in the day of judgment because we lived an inconsistent life?

No comments: