Friday, September 11, 2009

This is the day.

Leviticus 26:13 I am the LORD your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that ye should not be their bondmen; and I have broken the bands of your yoke, and made you go upright.

14 But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments;

15 And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant:

16 I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

The thing that I want to focus on here is that not serving God will bring sorrow to our hearts. He may bring judgment on us like death or sickness, or pain or suffering, but when we go away from Him we can always count on one thing, sorrow. We must strive to live in a way that pleases and obeys God. Let us always resist the decision to disobey Him, and remember to follow Him, so that we may live joyful lives before Him and not have to endure the sorrow that will come if we disobey

No comments: