Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Almost Persuaded

Acts Chapter 26

28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.
29 And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.

"Almost thou persuadest me..." King Agrippa's words may be the most used phrase toward accepting Christianity that has ever surfaced. Many people see the need for salvation, see the need for reformation, or simply see that they must change in order to live a "good" life, but are not ready to accept God's formula for their change.
The testimony of Paul was one of great change in his life. He had been a murderous Pharisee who hated the very mention of the name of Jesus Christ, and had been changed so drastically that he boldly proclaimed the name of Jesus, to the point that now he was in bonds and would soon be executed for his ferverent preaching of Jesus.
Agrippa sat there and listened to the words that could have changed his life forever, yet he was not fully persuaded that he wanted to make this change. There is no remedy for sin other than the blood of Jesus Christ, and there is no pardon from sin out side of His Perfect Sacrifice. "I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am..." This is my prayer also, don't be almost persuaded, but altogether persuaded as I am.

No comments: