Monday, March 16, 2009

This is the day.

Psalm 103:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

What is the key to having a great relationship with the Lord? The Psalmist David was "a man after God's own heart." What we see from David's life was an attitude of praise. Look at the Psalms! These wonderful passages are full of the praise of the name of God. I have found in my own life, and by watching others that if you will begin to praise the Lord, you will get closer to Him. Raise your hands when you pray by yourself, say "Lord you are wonderful", maybe simply whisper "Lord I love you." begin to develop an intimate relationship with God. If you and your wife/girlfriend did not tell each other you loved each other, and did not praise the actions, and the looks and ways of each other your relationship would not last. You will also never have a close relationship with God until you learn to praise Him.

No comments: