Tuesday, May 12, 2009

This is the day.

John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Talking about the Holy Spirit in this passage, Jesus says that the Holy Spirit will reprove the world. So many people don't want preaching to "offend," or to reprove them, but Jesus said that is what the era of the Holy Spirit is supposed to do. People don't want to hear about their sin, they want to continue in unbelief. They don't want to hear about righteous living, they want to want to live any way they want. Finally, they don't want to hear about judgment because they don't want to be reproved for what they have done.

How preaching could be from Jeremiah:
I. Fearful.
II. In the fury of the Lord.
III. Fiery

No comments: