Tuesday, May 19, 2009

This is the day.


Psalms 59:16 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.
17 Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.

Singing unto the Lord. What a wonderful priveledge to be able to lift our voices in honor and adoration of the God of heaven. These verses tell of singing of His Attriibutes, and what better description can we have of God than these. I will sing of thy power, "I Sing the Mighty Power of God." I will sing aloud of thy Mercy, "I Will Sing of the Mercies of the Lord Forever." For thou hast been my defence and refuge, "God is our Refuge and Strength." What a great lift these songs can bring to our spirits. Let us never lose our song!

Christian Singing should:
I. Contain Praise.
II. Prepare for Worship.
III. Have Melody.
IV. Be about something Godly.
Sadly so many of the songs we see today, masked as Christian, contain only some of these elements, and sometimes contain none of these elements. We should not settle for shallow songs when there are so many good songs, old and new, that really praise the Lord.

No comments: