Thursday, April 16, 2009

Facebook=wickedness. Period.



Psalms 101:2 I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
101:3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

Job 31:1 I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?

Recently I was informed that in order to effectively connect with my former Bible College friends, I would need to go to Facebook. I tried this out for about one minute. I don't care how many good people are on Facebook, the site reeks of wickedness the minute that you log on. I was unpleasantly surprised to see a number of young people who I knew from church and other Christian activities, flaunting themselves in a manner that does not glorify God. Where do young Christian people get the idea that using the ways of the world will get them ahead as Christians. Is blogspot that much different than Facebook? Well, I haven't had any experience on Blogspot like the one on Facebook. It seemed as I entered the site at Facebook, that the whole thing was about making someone think that you are something you are really not. This may seem harsh, but you so-called good young people mingling with a lot of not-so-good young people will not further the cause of Christ. I will go far enough in this to say that Facebook is full of if not sexual misconduct, sensual activities, and will lead some of these young people astray. If Blogspot ever gets like what I experienced in just a few moments on Facebook, rest assured that there will no longer be a blog on here in my name. I have heard of people being churched for their activities on Facebook, and after seeing this place for myself, without actually seeing any of the pages of the college students, I can easily see why. How long will it be before Christians actually get real with God? No, There is not a page on Facebook for Joshua Barkley any longer, it lasted maybe five minutes. I don't really care what you thing about this post, nor do I consider this an unreasonable post. God is not pleased with Facebook, and neither should any Christian be pleased with this wickedness. What made you get this angry over Facebook, you ask? I saw the potential for great wickedness in the pictures of a few young Christians, and was grieved within my spirit by the presence of the Holy Spirit. I don't care how many parents are on here, I don't care how many college staff members log on, in direct contradiction to a message I personally heard the staff's pastor preach, AND I DON'T EVEN REALLY CARE WHETHER OR NOT YOUR PASTOR OR HIS WIFE OR HIS FAMILY OR HIS SECOND COUSIN TWICE REMOVED ARE MEMBERS, but I do care about the people who, already heading in the wrong direction, will go on down the path to destruction, based on the actions of you who are Facebook members. For those of you who didn't already delete this, God bless you, may you do the right thing. I won't know your reaction, because I won't be back on Facebook.

No comments: