Friday, April 17, 2009

This is the day.


Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Have you ever prayed for patience? Well, expect tribulation if you really want to learn to be patient. Why does tribulation work patience? Well, I guess its like a sharpening stone for a knife, only the friction will create a smooth edge. I have prayed for patience this week, and, guess what, it has been the hardest week to date at work. I guess God is answering my prayer with a, yes, it sure is hard to get by sometimes. These verses contain a lot more than just patience, but this is what I needed today. Hopefully God will bless with much more patience than I have had, and then the tribulation will not seem so bad!

Tips for patience:
I. Endure tribultion. (try not to complain or get upset about it) [easier said than done] Job would not turn back.
II. Enjoy tribulation. (What!!) Paul (glory in tribulation)
III. Employ tribulation. (let God work your problems to your advantage) Joseph

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To each his own I guess on the facebook issue. There is sure a lot of rotten stuff on there, but you have to leave that between the person and the Lord. I mean there is a lot of rotten stuff on the Internet period, so why then are Christians on the Internet at all? Cause there are some good things, just like on Facebook, there are a lot of good things on there as well.