Wednesday, April 8, 2009

This is the day.

Read Psalm 51

Psalm 51:1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

How sorry are we for our sin? In 21st Century America sin is laughed at and scoffed, and very often is looked at as fun and games. Christians seem to have this attitude as well. David realized in this Psalm that his sin was wickedness before God, and a violation of God's holy principles. His sorrow was genuine and his repentance was complete. How is my tab with God? What about your tab? Are we paid up, or do we have things in our lives that are unconfessed? Remember, to God, all sin is sin. To us, sin sometimes seems to be categorized into tiny, little, small, not so bad, well that's ok but, medium, bigger, large, larger, huge, monsterous, and oh, I'd never do that. God, however, views all sin the same, as a violation against His Law. What would happen if every born again Christian, began to view his/her sin in the same way that God views it?

Repentance of a Christian. Psalm 51

Attitude toward God:
I. A cry for mercy.
II. A plea for taking away the transgression.
III. A desire to be washed and cleansed.

Acknowldedging of sin:
I. Realizing you are in sin.
II. Recognizing that you were born a sinner/and will be a sinner.
III. Remorse for what you have done.

Attidude after cleansing:
I. Rejoicing.
II. A Right heart.
III. A renewed spirit.
IV. A righteous testimony.

No comments: