Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This is the day.

John 20:14 And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.
15 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.
16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

She saw Jesus but didn't recognize Him. Sometimes we don't recognize the Lord when He speaks to us. How sweet it is, however, to suddenly recognize that Jesus is there, that the presence that we feel around us is our Saviour. God is real. His presence is real. Have you ever experienced a closenes with him?

Jesus in the garden.
I. Tenderness. (why weepest thou)
II. Talk. (He called her by name)
III. Touchlessness. (His task was not yet completed)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like I am the first one to post on your site! WOW!!! So how are things in West Virginia? I am working at Taco Bell, and it is about driving me nuts!! but a job is a job at this point!!
By the way, if you are interested with keeping up with more people from Maranatha and me, we are usually on Facebook more often than not, just thought I would let you know.