Tuesday, April 21, 2009

This is the day.




Ruth 4:5 Then said Boaz, What day thou buyest the field of the hand of Naomi, thou must buy it also of Ruth the Moabitess, the wife of the dead, to raise up the name of the dead upon his inheritance.
6 And the kinsman said, I cannot redeem it for myself, lest I mar mine own inheritance: redeem thou my right to thyself; for I cannot redeem it.

Redemption, it is God's wonderful work in you and me. How valuable are you? Really ask yourself this question. Are you as valuable as a movie star? Most people would put out a great ransom to buy back a star. Are you as vaulable as a politian? How about a sport's "hero?" A multi-billionaire? What about your boss? If you really give an honest answer to these questions, you will soon see that you have little or no value to most of the world.

"But God," two of the most wonderful words in the Bible. God thought you were worth redeeming. Many people would not want to "mar" their inheritance by taking time to love or provide for you. However, God made, or will make, you an heir. He will redeem you for himself.

Who God redeems:
I. The Wicked
II. The "good"
III. The Foolish
IV. The Proud
V. The Humble
VI. Everyone who comes.

No comments: